So, you have decided to get your cosmetic surgery in India. After all plastic surgery in India is much affordable, doctors are highly qualified, language is not a problem and you always wanted to visit India for her cultural and natural attractions.
You have searched the internet are completely confused with the plethora of information available. There are numerous surgeons, hospitals, medical tourism companies all boasting about them being the best and offering prices cheaper than the other.
So, whom to choose?
And since India is a large country, you are not sure, which part of the country is the best place to be.
We as a decade old company understand your requirements well when you plan to choose your plastic surgery abroad.
Here are 10 important points that would help you make the best of your trip for cosmetic surgery to India:
1. Let COST BE NOT THE ONLY deciding factor- Though cost is a very important factor in choosing the provider, let cost be not the ONLY deciding factor.
Please understand that cosmetic surgery is a serious business and correcting a botched up surgery can prove to be much more expensive than original surgery.
It is a matter of your health and life, so, make an informed decision and let not cost be the only deciding factor.
2. Choose the Right Procedure- It is very important to know about the procedure you plan to undergo and understand what it can do for you.
For example, you may need a tummy tuck for removing extra skin and fat from your stomach, while thinking that liposuction on your stomach would do a great job. There is no harm in spending a few dollars on getting a consult with a renowned plastic surgeon locally.
There is thus no harm in spending a few dollars on getting a consult with a renowned plastic surgeon locally to be doubly sure of what procedure you would need.
3. Understand about the procedure, risks, and results FOR YOU: It is important to know the duration of surgery, anesthesia, and risks associated with the surgery you choose and results YOU can expect.
While tummy tuck can do wonders for a lady with ideal body weight and with the loose belly, but can only bring some improvement in your shape if you have a high BMI.
It is thus important to understand the results and limitations of the procedure FOR YOU.
4. Choose your Surgeon carefully-
An amazing cosmetic surgery begins with an amazing surgeon.
It is of utmost importance that you choose a good cosmetic surgeon in India who understands your requirements and is well trained and experienced.
Following are few things you should know about your surgeon:
- Plastic surgeon’s training and experience
- Is he certified and a member of recognized national and international plastic surgery societies
- Does he speak and understand your language well
- Is there a place where you can verify his credentials
- References of the past patients operated by him
- If you can have a telephonic or video conference with the surgeon
5. Know about the facility where your surgery would be done- It is important to know about the facility where the surgery would be performed.
Following are few important things you should know about the facility:
- Is the facility accredited
- What is the infection rate
- Would you be assigned a private nurse
- Would you stay in a private or sharing room
- Would your surgery be done in the same surgery room as other infectious cases
- Policy of the hospital on HIV positive cases
6. Package Inclusions- Few providers may give you quotes that may seem very cheap on the face of it. But make sure you clarify what all is included in the package, else you may end up paying much more than you had thought it would cost.
Few things that usually are not a part of the package but you would be charged afterward are:
- Follow up consultations and dressings
- Pressure garments
- Medicines on discharge
- In land transport
- Accommodation after discharge from hospital
- Air port transfers
- Local taxes
7. Which city would the surgery be done: It is good to know which city would be the surgery done at – whether it has an international airport or no, or whether you would be driven for hours after a long flight.
A metro city or an A class city usually has the infrastructure and ecosystem for foreigners, whereas smaller places may be good for adventure tourism, but not good for recuperation after the surgery.
8. Follow up care: It is very important to know how the follow-up care would be handled, and whom you need to contact should you have any issues after you go back home.
9. Company whom you are dealing with: You can judge the experience and expertise of the people you are dealing with through the communication you have with them and how well they handle your queries.
A professional medical tourism provider would take your queries seriously and would make efforts to provide you complete information and not cut corners just to sign you for the procedure.
It is always good to pick up the phone and speak with the person you are dealing with, to know how sincere and professional he/she is.
10. Past references: Asking for references is always helpful. A reputable medical tourism company who has happy clients would not shy away from giving you references of previous patients who can share their experience with you.
Though there are many good cosmetic surgeons, hospitals and medical tourism providers who can arrange your cosmetic surgery in India, there are many who may not be well trained or qualified or may not just understand your requirements and expectations and not stand by what they promised you before your arrival.
It happens in India like it happens anywhere in the world. You must be cautious and careful in finding the right and reliable provider for your sojourn to India. It is very important to have someone trustworthy to be at your side especially after the surgery in a foreign country.
IndiCure is the largest provider of cosmetic surgery tourism in India. With hundreds of happy clients from across the world, IndiCure understands your requirements very well. For more information about your plastic surgery in India, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 93200 36777 or +1-877-270-2448 (US Toll Free) or talk to us at skype@IndiCure